A range of paving designed specifically to meet The Department of the Environment, Transport and the Regions ‘Guidance on the Use of Tactile Paving Surfaces’.
- Hard wearing under typical pedestrian usage
- Available in a range of colours to suit specific guidelines for specific areas
- Designed to assist visually impaired pedestrians
- Provides tactile indication of hazard areas and safe travel routes
Available in five surface profiles:
- Hazard Warning Corduroy - For use in identifying any potential hazard to pedestrians and warning them to proceed with care.
- Blister - For use in identifying a crossing place for the visually impaired. Guidelines exist concerning the use, layout and colour of blister paving.
- Guidance - For use in identifying a safe route for pedestrians to travel, avoiding obstacles and hazards.
- Platform Edge Warning (Lozenge) - Used at street level to denote the existence of a platform edge for light transport systems.
- Cycleway - Used at the beginning of a shared pedestrian/cycle route to denote the path that each should follow.
Tactile flag paving is suitable for high volume pedestrian areas, town centres and traffic free zones.
Designed for use with British Standard paving and kerb. All developments may require tactile paving to conform to Building Regulations Approved Document M.