If you are a student enrolled in the second or third year of a RIBA-accredited Part-1 course, then the Student Charrette is designed for you! This one-day design competition brings together teams of Part-1 students from around the country to compete in an entirely analogue event.
Working without a computer, you will need to think fast and draw faster, developing and testing your representational skills without the aid of digital technologies. Teams will be mentored by practicing architects, and the event will conclude with a juried design review.
The charrette is a free event run in London on a weekend, and funding is available to help cover travel costs. Prizes will be offered for the winning team and two runners-up, with the winning proposal published and promoted across the AIA UK's social media channels.
We will be joined by model-maker Martyn Corner, head of the model shop at Hopkins Architects.
There is also the opportunity to view the Building Centre’s Shaping Space exhibition – a perfect complement to the day’s activities.
Find out more and register here.
Eligibility and Entry Requirements:
- Open to students enrolled in the second or third year of a RIBA-accredited Part-1 architecture course.
- Register online, in teams (max. 8 students per team) or individually, to be assigned a team on the day.
- Central London location (support offered for travel costs where required).
- Present to a jury of practicing architects and academics.
- Prizes for the winning team and two runners-up.
- One-year complimentary student membership of the AIA UK chapter offered to all participating students.
Generously sponsored by Laufen and Roca London Gallery.