The Engineering Sketches Prize encourages the use of hand-drawing techniques to communicate designs and ideas in engineering. Entries were received from both engineering and non-engineering disciplines, from design and construction, all of an engineering nature.
The exhibition presented the two prizes for the best overall sketch and for the best student sketch, along with the winning and commended prizes for the following categories; Concept, Process, Detail and Historical Study. These were accompanied by drawings the judges thought particularly noteworthy.
With thanks to the judges for the 2018 Engineering Sketches Prize:
- Brian Eckersley, Eckersley O’Callaghan
- Trevor Flynn, Drawing at Work
- Vanessa Norwood, the Building Centre
- Andrew Scoones, The Engineering Club
- Mark Whitby, The Whitby Bird Foundation
The Prize is run by The Engineering Club in association with D R A W I N G A T W O R K