Schlüter®-KERDI-BOARD is the lightest, simplest and most versatile tile backer board available, serving as a substrate and a bonded waterproofing solution for a perfect tile or stone finish. Its construction consists of an extruded hard foam core panel, with a special reinforcement material on both sides and waterproof fleece faces to finish, providing effective anchoring in the tile adhesive.
Flat & even substrate
This innovative product gives an absolutely level substrate with straight and precise and accurate angling at corners, providing an instant, rigid and even base for tile and stone installations.
Many tile backerboards are just water-resistant, meaning that water will eventually work its way through them. Schlüter®-KERDI-BOARD is waterproof by construction—meaning no additional finishing processes are required—and ensures that moisture is stopped in its tracks. In sealing the joints between boards with Schlüter®-KERDI-KEBA sealing band and Schlüter®-KERDI-COLL adhesive, a complete CE Marked bonded waterproof assembly is created.
Schlüter®-KERDI-BOARD contains no fibreglass or cement, making for healthier working conditions on the part of the installer, as well as reduced impact on the environment.
Light & easy to cut
Schlüter®-KERDI-BOARD is lightweight, making it cheaper to transport and easier to handle on site. It also features printed gridlines for precise cutting and can be cut to size with a standard utility knife.
A variety of thicknesses = versatility
Schlüter®-KERDI-BOARD is available in seven thickness options—ranging from 5–50mm. Whilst the boards at the thinner end of the spectrum are designed for use over existing substrates, latter thicknesses can be used to create features such as shelves, partition walls and seats, allowing for unbridled freedom of design.
The foam core of Schlüter®-KERDI-BOARD is thermally insulating, helping to converse energy use and improve comfort.
In addition to standard Schlüter®-KERDI-BOARD, there are a number of product variants to deal with specific requirements of installations:
· Schlüter®-KERDI-BOARD-V is a vertically grooved substrate and building panel for creating curved elements. If a larger expanse of panels is required, several panels can be connected along the edges with thin-set mortar, Schluter-KERDI-FIX adhesive, or double-sided adhesive tape.
· Schlüter®-KERDI-BOARD-E is an L-shaped panel used to create corners and pipe or column coverings. The panels feature a V-shaped groove and are shipped in a space-saving flat design, which makes them easy to store. The panels are also quick to cut to the necessary dimensions. Thin-set mortar, Schluter-KERDI-FIX adhesive, or double-sided adhesive tape is applied to the V-groove. The panels are then folded prior to installation.
· Schlüter®-KERDI-BOARD-U is a U-shaped panel used to create pipe or column coverings. The panels feature V-shaped grooves and are shipped in a flat, space-saving design, which makes them easy to store. The panels are also quick to cut to the necessary dimensions. Thin-set mortar, Schluter-KERDI-FIX adhesive, or double-sided adhesive tape is applied to the V-grooves. The panels are then folded prior to installation.
A large selection of profiles and attachment hardware complement the Schlüter®-KERDI-BOARD system.
Many substrates encountered in new buildings and renovation projects are unsuitable for tile installation, and this can be a particular concern in areas that will experience high levels of moisture. This often necessitates comprehensive preparation and waterproofing measures. Luckily, Schluter-KERDI-BOARD makes it easy to create flat, level, plumb and square substrates for the installation of tiles over existing structures as diverse as masonry, stud frame constructions of wood or metal framing, and mixed/existing substrates in renovation projects.
- Masonry or existing/mixed substrates: Suitable for installation over concrete, masonry and existing substrates such as plaster, tiles, painted surfaces, etc.
- Stud framing: Quick and easy to install as a substrate for tile coverings over wood or metal framing, using the screws and washers included in our hardware assortment.
- Partition walls: Sanitary installations frequently require partition walls to create separate shower or toilet stalls or to divide rooms. Latter thicknesses in the Schlüter®-KERDI-BOARD range can be used for this purpose.
- Showers and bathtub surrounds: Can be used for tiled showers and bathtub surrounds, to provide effective moisture management and ensure successful long-term performance.
- Bathtub platforms: Bathtub platforms are ideally suited to receiving tile coverings. Schlüter®-KERDI-BOARD can help tilers deal with substandard framing, which is particularly prevalent on new construction projects.
- Vanities and shelving: Schluter-KERDI-BOARD is the ideal substrate for constructing vanities and shelving with tile coverings.
- Countertops: Schluter-KERDI-BOARD is particularly suitable for constructing countertops and other work surfaces with tile coverings.
- Pipe and column coverings: The innovative, prefabricated L-shaped and U-shaped panels of the Schluter-KERDI-BOARD system make it especially easy to conceal pipes and columns.
- Curved wall areas: The grooved version of the Schluter-KERDI-BOARD panel is designed for creating rounded and curved elements.
- Seating: The thickest versions of Schlüter®-KERDI-BOARD provide an ideal substrate for creating ready-to-tile shower benches, and can be easily customised suit your design and size specifications.
Further information and technical details on Schlüter®-KERDI-BOARD can be found at www.kerdi-board.co.uk.