The Schlüter®-DILEX range consists of a comprehensive selection of movement, expansion and control joint profiles to manage structural and non-structural material shifts. All profiles are installed at the same time as the tile covering.
A range of durable solutions, even for high-traffic areas exposed to continuous pressure—once in position, there is no need to disrupt or replace.
Secure edge protection
As well as managing movement and stresses, all Schlüter®-DILEX joints provide edge protection for adjacent tiles.
Though a necessary feature, it is often a fear of the specifier that movement joints will detract from the overall look of the design. Schlüter does its best to alleviate this concern with unobtrusive designs and, for joints with rubber movement zones, a number of different colours of insert to blend with or contrast against the most popular tones of tile.
Various material combinations
To make secure provision for the mechanical and/or chemical stresses on a covering, specifiers can select from a variety of material combinations, including aluminium, anodised aluminium, stainless steel and recycled plastic.
Structural joints (expansion joints) are joints required for static or engineering reasons, which divide a building in various movement segments. They run through all load bearing and non-load bearing parts of a building and must be continued in the screed construction and the floor covering at the identical location and in the specified width.
· Schlüter®-DILEX-BT is a structural expansion joint made of aluminium with lateral joint connections to a sliding telescopic centre section. This profile allows for absorption of three-dimensional movement.
· Schlüter®-DILEX-KSBT is a structural movement profile with edge protection, consisting of side anchoring legs of aluminium or stainless steel connected to a 20mm or 30mm-wide movement zone of soft synthetic rubber.
Intermediate joints create a pattern of limited fields in large areas of screed and covering. They must be continued from the surface of the covering through to the separating layer under the screed, or to the covering of the insulation or waterproofing layer.
· Schlüter®-DILEX-DFP is a movement joint profile to be installed at door areas or used to divide screed areas.
· Schlüter®-DILEX-EP is a movement joint profile for application in floating or bonded screeds. The side sections consist of rigid, recycled plastic connected on the top and bottom with soft, grey CPE movement zones.
· Schlüter®-DILEX-HVD is a dowel insert for installation in the screed, that helps to prevent height displacement between two screed sections in the area of a movement joint.
· Schlüter®-DILEX-EMP is a stainless steel movement profile for screeds. The tongue and groove connections accommodate horizontal movement.
· Schlüter®-DILEX-EZ 70 is a stress relieving, decorative profile for use in screeds, with undercut side walls made of rigid PVC and a soft PVC expansion zone. The 70mm-high profile features detachable segments that can be removed to adjust the profile height to the height of the assembly.
· Schlüter®-DILEX-MOP is an expansion joint profile with serrated sidewalls made of rigid, recycled PVC and a grey, soft PVC expansion zone for use in screed applications.
· Schlüter®-DILEX-MP is an expansion profile with undercut sidewalls made of rigid, recycled PVC and a soft CPE expansion zone, complete with an extension profile for use in the laying of screeds.
· Schlüter®-DILEX-KS is a movement profile with edge protection consisting of lateral anchoring legs made of aluminium or stainless steel, which are connected to a replaceable movement zone made of soft rubber.
· Schlüter®-DILEX-AKWS is a movement profile with aluminium side anchoring legs connected to a soft PVC movement zone.
· Schlüter®-DILEX-EDP is a stainless steel movement profile, which allows horizontal movement through a tongue and groove connection.
· Schlüter®-DILEX-BWB is a movement joint profile with side sections of rigid, recycled plastic. The top movement zone is made of soft CPE and creates the 10mm-wide visual surface.
· Schlüter®-DILEX-BWS is a movement joint profile with side sections of rigid, recycled plastic. The movement zone consists of soft CPE and creates the 5mm-wide visual surface.
· Schlüter®-DILEX-EZ 6 + 9 combine decorative design with a stress-relieving function for tile and natural stone surfaces laid in a thin bed of adhesive.
Perimeter joints are movement joints placed in the screed and the covering along walls and construction elements that penetrate the screed, such as columns. They reduce impact sound transmission and absorb the movements of the floor assembly.
· Schlüter®-DILEX-AHK is a cove-shaped aluminium profile for internal wall corners. It is available in a variety of anodised finishes.
· Schlüter®-DILEX-EK is a two-part corner profile made of recycled, rigid PVC and soft CPE, with a tongue and groove connection and an integrated joint chamber for durable, flexible and maintenance-free perimeter joints between floors and walls or floors and skirtings.
· Schlüter®-DILEX-EKE is a corner movement profile that effectively absorbs movement at internal wall corners and at wall-to-floor transitions in applications where no large degree of movement is expected.
· Schlüter®-DILEX-HK is a cove-shaped profile for wall-to-floor joints, which conforms to the hygienic requirements of commercial bathrooms and the food processing industry.
· Schlüter®-DILEX-HKU is a cove-shaped profile made entirely of stainless steel, used for internal wall corners and wall-to-floor transitions in areas with stringent hygiene requirements.
· Schlüter®-DILEX-HKW is a cove-shaped profile for internal wall corners and wall-to-floor joints in applications where only slight movement occurs.
· Schlüter®-DILEX-HKS is a cove-shaped, stainless steel profile with a maintenance-free movement zone for wall-to-floor connections in ceramic tile coverings.
Connection joints are movement joints placed in the screed and the covering at the point of abutting construction elements, such as window openings, door frames, shower trays and bath tubs.
· Schlüter®-DILEX-BWA provides a flexible connection between tiled surfaces and existing coverings or structures, such as door and window frames.
· Schlüter®-DILEX-AS is a joining profile for creating flexible joints to fixtures such as shower trays, baths, door and window frames.
Further information and technical details on movement joints, expansion joints and control joint profiles can be found at www.schluter.co.uk/movement_joints