SMARTPLY FR/FR Build OSB3 are flame retardant OSB3 panels developed in response to the STA’s(Structural Timber Association) “Design guide to separating distances during construction” for timber frame buildings above 600m2 total floor area. A water based, eco-friendly, fire retardant is added at all levels during panel processing ensuring fire performance throughout the panel whilst maintaining structural integrity.
Manufactured in accordance to EN300, it is the perfect choice for roofing, flooring and wall sheathing where strength, moisture resistance and flame retardance are paramount.
Features and Benefits
● Flame retardant throughout the entire panel – cut edges
present no problem.
● No structural degradation in panel - unlike many post
treated alternatives. Does not crack or shatter.
● 100% wood-based product - easy to cut and fix using
normal OSB3 methods.
● More lightweight than mineral based alternatives.
● Zero added formaldehyde – contributing to healthier
● CE Compliant – marked at the source of manufacture.
● Suitable for EC5 design.
● Category 1 racking.
● Made from FSC® timber from our own forests.
● Zero Ignition® water based fire retardant - completely
safe with no borons or other carcinogens