- A BBA approved, fully warranted system with an effective life in excess of 30 years
- Swisspan’s integrated rail system provides secure fixing and load transfer to underlying structure
- The system is fully weather resistant whilst remaining vapour permeable and allows the fabric of the building to act as a heat store, increasing thermal efficiency
- Swisspan eliminates cold bridging, condensation and mould growth and protects the structural fabric of the building. It is highly resistant to impact damage, rated Class 0 for surface spread of flame and contributes to sound reduction within the external wall construction
- Primarily suited to building refurbishment where structure does not provide continuous support for insulation. Typically used on structural frames with non load-bearing steel or concrete infill panels and non-traditional house types such as Airey Duo Slab, BISF, Cornish, Crudens and Unity.
- Buildings up to 4 Storeys – suited for unrestricted use
- Insulation is mechanically fixed to a galvanised steel horizontal support rail system that spans between structural columns. A choice of insulation thicknesses and materials are available, achieving very low U-values
- Swisspan insulation options include Phenolic, PIR, Expanded Polystyrene and Cork.
Renders, Finishes & Brick Slips
- M.R. traditional render options include M.R. Polymer Dashing Render, M.R. Polymer Plain Render and M.R. Rendabrick simulated brick finish. Contemporary renders include ST Silkolitt Silicone Render and ST Mineral K Mineral Render, available with a rolled surface texture, in a wide range of colours.
- Brick slip options include Alumasc’s Traditional Brick Slips and Acrylic Brick Slips.
Installation & Maintenance
- Swisspan is installed by a national network of Alumasc registered specialist contractors
- The system requires minimal routine maintenance
- See more at: http://www.alumascfacades.co.uk/products/external-wall-insulation/ewi-rail-systems/swisspan-ewi-structural/#sthash.dHZMsLgK.dpuf