Charcon Durakerb® is the revolutionary, lightweight and environmentally friendly kerbstone that complies with health and safety guidelines on the manual handling of kerbstones.
- 20% reduction in carbon emissions compared with precast concrete units in manufacture
- Manufactured using a polymer blend of which 88% is recycled material
- Lightweight design reduces laying times by up to four times that of a concrete equivalent
- At just under 6kg, the Durakerb is less than one third of the manual handling limit of 20kg and mitigates repetitive strain injury
- HAPAS approved product and certified by BBA as satisfactory for use as an alternative to concrete kerbs in highways applications for new and maintenance work
- Extremely durable offering a substantial reduction in spalling minimising remedial and maintenance costs
- Extremely easy to store and transport
- Removes the need for mechanical handling equipment, speeding up lay rates
- Can be cut with hand tools and does not create any Crystalline Silica dust
- Resistance to typical chemicals and road salts used in highway construction and maintenance
- Simple interlocking feature ensures 100% alignment
- Proven durability as product has been used in the UK since 2006
The Durakerb is a cost effective kerb for all applications but particularly suited to highway applications.
Designed for use with our flag and block paving ranges.