- Easy to install at only 44kg
- Molded anti-skid surface
- Tested to vehicle weight of 44 tonnes
- Heavy duty steel drop pins increase lateral stability
- Modular Composite Road Plate System
- Complies with UK DETR ‘Safety at Street works and Road works Code of Practice’
- Equipped with anchor holes to accommodate securing to the roadway
- High visibility feature provides traffic calming
SafeSite’s Glass Reinforced Plastic (GRP) Road Plate/Trench Cover is a lightweight, but heavy-duty, long lasting alternative to steel road plates.
The GRP Road Plate is a modular system of composite sections that link together. At 44kgs this Road Plate is far lighter and easier to handle than a steel plate. No need for expensive specialist lifting equipment, the Plastic Road Plate can be installed in minutes with a 2 person lift.
The integrated anti-skid surface, which exceeds current road plate/trench cover standards, provides positive traction, for both vehicle and pedestrian traffic. The innovative flexible edge reduces unwanted noise, improving quality of life in residential areas. Heavy duty linking connectors lock road plates together securely.
For Department of Transport guidance working with and installing Road Plates, please click here.