LCN 4011 and 4041 door closers have successfully passed 10 million cycles during testing performed per ANSI/BHMA A156.4 - 2000 standards. The testing itself took nearly 3 years to complete, during which time no components were replaced, on any closer, at any time.
Relcross, who distribute LCN door closers in the UK, claim this provides continuing evidence that LCN still sets the benchmark for quality and durability after product revisions and improvements made since the last round of testing.
The minimum ANSI standard for grade 1 door controls with back check is 1.5 million cycles; which is not a true measure of closer performance in real world environments. In fact, high-traffic doors in large public buildings such as schools, hospitals, and large department stores can expect almost 2 million cycles annually.
Cast iron closer bodies – combined with full complement bearings and double heat treated steel pinions – give LCN the ability to go beyond the minimum requirements and reach 10 million cycle certification.
Relcross can provide electronic copies of the official testing reports from Intertek Testing Services for each of the four closers tested and are pleased to share them with end users, architects and customers as a demonstration of LCN’s continued commitment to provide world leading, rugged and reliable door closers.
After all, it’s one thing to claim a closer performs well under extensive life cycles…… it’s another thing to be able to prove it.
- Ten Million Cycles
- Cast Iron
- Forged Steel Main Arm
- Double Heat Treated Steel Pinion
- All Weather Fluid
- LCN® Fast™ Power Adjust
- Fast & Accurate Installation
- Standard 4010 series closer is shipped with regular arm, standard plastic cover and self reaming & tapping screws.
- Non-sized cylinders 4011 for interior doors to 1372mm and
exterior (perimeter) doors to 1067mm
- Sized cylinders 4016 for interior doors to 1524mm and exterior
(perimeter) doors to 1220mm
- Closer mounts hinge side.
- Corner brackets available.
- Standard or optional custom powder coat finish.
- Optional plated finish on metal cover, arm and fasteners.
- Optional SRI primer for installations in corrosive conditions is available with powder coat only.
- Handed for clockwise (left hand) and anti-clockwise (right hand)
- Surface Mounting
For interior or exterior doors. Single acting cylinder on door top rail.
Exposed regular arm to head frame.
- Maximum Opening
Butt hinge template allows 140° with hold open points available to
this point with optional hold open arm
- Consult Relcross for all pivot mounted installations.
- Butt Hinges should not exceed 127mm in width.
- Auxiliary Stop is recommended.
- Reveal should not exceed 19mm for standard arm.
- Top Rail minimum 95mm (51mm with 4010-18 plate).
- Clearance minimum 60mm behind the door for 90° installation.
- Delayed Action add suffix DEL to the selected closer.
Not available on 4016. Delays closing from maximum opening down to
70° - adjustable up to 60 seconds.
- Standard Finish - US28 powder coated silver.