Specifically designed for the new Alder Hey Children’s Hospital to provide child friendly, full width, glazed bedroom and ward doors. The average opening force of the 200+ Flo-Motion® doors installed at Alder Hey was 10N - less than 50% of the original specified force requirement.
Flo-Motion® doors feature re-circulating ball guides on a special low resistance linear track with a damper mechanism. The door sets are fabricated using extruded aluminium profiles and include a self-supporting “goalpost” frame.
• Manual doors weighing up to 180kg
• Standard panel size is 1800mm wide x 2275mm high. Other sizes are available
• Variety of glazing options available including double glazed with integral privacy blinds
• Matching screen panels available
• Hinged pelmet for easy maintenance access
“ The extra-large, easy opening, glazed sliding doors have transformed the way single rooms work to deliver healthcare with a choice of privacy or social interaction when required without the loss of clinical observation.” David Houghton, Project Manager, Children’s Health Park Project, Alder Hey Children’s NHS Foundation Trust