Specifically designed for the new Alder Hey Children’s Hospital to provide child friendly, full width, glazed bedroom and ward doors. The average opening force of the 200+ Flo-Motion® doors installed at Alder Hey was 10N - less than 50% of the original specified force requirement.
Flo-Motion® doors feature re-circulating ball guides on a special low resistance linear track with a damper mechanism. The door sets are fabricated using extruded aluminium profiles and include a self-supporting “goalpost” frame.
Variety of glazing options available including double glazed with integral privacy blinds
• Matching screen panels available
• Hinged pelmet for easy maintenance access
Examples of various formats available
• Bi-parting doors sliding over a glazed screen
• Bi-parting doors sliding over a glazed screen and solid wall
• Bi-parting doors incorporated as part of an extended glazed screen
• Bi-parting doors sliding over a solid wall
Multi Award Winning
Flo-Motion® doors have won 4 prestigious awards. Firstly Laing O’Rourke’s 2015 Construction North Award for Innovation followed by the IHEEM 2015 Product Innovation Award. This was followed by the Building Better Healthcare Best Internal Building Product 2015 and in 2016 the European Healthcare Design Award for Innovation for Quality Improvement.