Davit arm systems provide an effective means of façade access offering safe and secure anchorage for abseiling purposes. A typical system comprises of a permanent base that is fixed to the building structural substrate such as concrete or structural steel. A removable rotating Davit arm is then locked in place before use, enabling abseiling operatives to extend safely over the edge of a roof or parapet.
These systems are ideal for use where non-load bearing parapets preclude the use of standard anchor posts, and where obstructions such as overhangs, cornices, glass or architectural details are present.
Davit Access Systems Features and Benefits
- Can be retrofitted to existing structures
- Safe and secure anchorage for façade access
- Bespoke systems to suit specific applications
- Fixing methods to suit the building structure
- Minimises ropes trailing over the parapet
- Provide a discreet solution for maintenance access needs
High Safety Standards
Safesite’s bespoke davit arm systems are designed to meet or exceed current safety standards including:
Fall protection inspection
Davit arm systems must be inspected before every use by a trained person and then inspected and recertified by a competent fall protection company at lease every 6 months and/or after a fall.