Hepworth Clay is a brand from Wavin. Vitrified clay is a well-established material for use in below-ground drainage systems. The inherent strength and durability of clay provide benefits to installers, specifiers and users:
– Reduced, recycled or re-used material can be used instead of primary aggregates, lowering total installation costs.
– This is achieved by reducing material costs and transport costs of both aggregate to site and trench material from site.
– The amount of as-dug material used will depend on site ground conditions, but the more used, the greater the saving and the lower the environmental impact too.
– A Hepworth Clay Drainage system will withstand high water pressure jetting – see overleaf for details – so that more blockages are cleared first time.
– Clay pipes are chemically inert and are unaffected by any effluent acceptable in an adopted sewer or by virtually all aggressive ground conditions, making it a perfect material for brownfield situations.
A choice of sealing rings is available.
– Clay pipes have a life expectancy of over 100 years.
Hepworth is the No. 1 clay drainage brand in the UK, with a reputation second to none for product quality, technical ability and customer service.