With Wienerberger, the leading provider of wall, roof and landscaping innovations, having become fully compliant with the new legislation from the Construction Products Regulation 2011 (CPR), the company has launched a new digital innovation to make it easy for its customers to obtain the information required by this new legislation.
- From 1 July 2013, it became mandatory for any construction product covered by a Harmonised European Standard (HEN) to have a Declaration of Performance (DoP) and carry a CE mark
- Wienerberger has developed a new app that will enable customers to scan a QR code embedded on a CE label which is applied to the packaging of all products manufactured from 1st July 2013, making the DoP instantly available on their smartphone or tablet
- The App even works ‘off-line’ meaning you can access the DoP’s even when you don’t have a mobile signal or aren’t connected to the internet
- In addition to the new app, customers will also be able to visit Wienerberger’s dedicated CE marking web site and enter the unique CE product code as a further way to view the DoP
- The launch of this latest app follows the previous introduction of Wienerberger’s award-winning ‘Brick Selector’ app in 2011 – which allows customers to scroll and select from a huge range of brick products, view technical data and order samples of their chosen bricks
- For more information visit: http://www.wienerberger.co.uk/servlet/Satellite?pagename=Wienerberger/Page/CallArticle10&c=Page&cid=1141201693348&sl=wb_uk_home_en
Annette Forster, Director of Marketing at Wienerberger, commented:
"Already leading the industry with our Brick Selector app, the introduction of this new legislation lends itself perfectly to another app. In addition to having a specific website, the app’s ability to simply scan the QR code to reveal the DoP is incredibly convenient – and we believe our customers will really appreciate that.
"While we make sure that we comply with all industry regulations and responsibilities, we also pride ourselves on being both innovative and industry-leading. Adding this new app to our offering demonstrates these intentions to great effect."