Wicona has announced its most recent innovation with the launch of the WICSLIDE 160 – a new aluminium lifting sliding system, which takes balcony door technology to the next level.
Engineered to deliver cutting edge performance, this latest façade product has a host of new features which complement contemporary design and offer outstanding thermal efficiency, stringent security to PAS 24:2012 and smooth, effortless door operation.
The WICLSIDE 160 is a robust patio or balcony door solution which is easy to fabricate and install for residential, leisure and commercial applications. It combines the highest functionality and advanced design to accommodate the largest possible leaf sizes and allow specifiers to create large exterior openings and open up areas of living space to blur the distinction between inside and out.
State-of-the-art door technology has ensured that this system meets rigorous standards of security and burglar resistance. It successfully passed the demanding PAS 24:2012 criteria for enhanced security. It is also independently accredited by Certisecure, which supports 'Secured by Design' and gives architects and building owners further assurance of a greater degree of security.
The WICSLIDE 160 is a single, twin or triple track thermally broken lifting sliding door which can deliver Uw values below 1.1 W/m2K and excellent acoustic performance of Rw47dB. Its security features include:
· An anti-lift device at the head of the sash frame, and connected to the locking mechanism, to prevent removal of the door leaves
· Two to five-point locking systems with locking pins and bolts on the sash
· A flush striker plate on the outer frame
· A concealed 10mm square drive gear box exclusive to Wicona
· A choice of secure handle options, such as a lever handle with external and internal key cylinder locking, and external flush finger pull with locking handle on the inside.
The new door system has a number of innovations:
· There is an improved interlock between the door leaves for superior thermal insulation and weather tightness, and concealed fixings for improved aesthetics
· The threshold can be recessed into the finished floor line for ease of access and to meet Life Time Homes design criteria for accessible and inclusive homes and particularly for older and disabled people
· Locking plates use Wicona’s Direct Positioning System to facilitate accurate fabrication
· A roller unit with integrated brushes for continual cleaning of the tracks
· Specially-designed lift and slide fittings, exclusive to Wicona, which offer better performance over time
· Roller unit technology for ease of operation, even with the largest glass sizes, and which lifts the door by 5mm to reduce friction.
The WICSLIDE 160 system has a 160mm module depth, slim 65mm sight lines and can accommodate glazing infills from 3mm to 50mm; leaf sizes up to 3240mm wide by 3400mm high, and up to 400kg in weight. It can be easily integrated with Wicona’s WICTEC 50 and 60 ‘stick’ curtain walling and its WICLINE 65 and 75 window systems, and there is the option of cost-effective fixed glazing with external beading, or internally beaded fixed leaves.
In tests for weather performance, WICSLIDE 160 achieved 750pa to EN 12208 for water tightness, and realised Class 4 to EN 12207 for air permeability, Class 3 for wind resistance to EN 12207, and Class 1 operating forces to BS EN 13115 for a 370kg sash.
Wicona’s comprehensive range of door and window systems also includes the WICLINE evo 65 and 75 windows and the WICSTYLE commercial door suite for high traffic areas. As with all Wicona products, these systems have been used extensively internationally and are based on German engineering to offer unrivalled functionality, aesthetics and design flexibility for specifiers, particularly for complex and challenging projects.