Architectural aluminium glazing specialist, Technal, has published a new guide to specifying MODAL
– the UK’s first low rise façade system to achieve such a high level of security, performance and thermal efficiency as standard.
uses a highly engineered and innovative modular framing system, which reduces work on site and gives specifiers the widest choice of configuration options currently available in the UK for low rise façades. This provides robust, stylish, secure and high performance glazing for applications such as schools and colleges, healthcare facilities and leisure projects
The new technical literature for MODAL
is designed to provide architects and contractors with clear, concise information to simplify specification. It outlines:
- The full range of MODAL options and their architectural and construction features
- Weather and thermal performance specifications and test results
- Configuration examples
- Materials, finishes and colours.
MODAL features a number of new innovations which allow it to achieve an unprecedented level of security – without the need for any modification to the standard system. This makes it ideal for projects to be specified and fabricated to meet Secured by Design criteria. The system is also fully tested to BS 7950 – the British Standard for the enhanced security performance of windows.
Modal has a host of other important features, including:
- It has been developed to deliver the highest level of thermal efficiency for low rise glazing, exceeding the latest Building Regulations requirements.
- The standard system is fully thermally broken and will achieve low U values – whether the specification is for a fully glazed façade, or incorporating the MODAL integral opening vents.
- The framing modules are assembled using an innovative clip system for a quality finish and time-saving installation.
- Both the glaze-in and glaze-out fixed lights can be used on the same elevation without any alteration to the sight lines. This feature offers maximum security and ease of glass replacement wherever needed on the façade.
- The design of the system allows integral open-in and open-out vents to be incorporated in the MODAL frame, minimising the visible aluminium and ensuring consistent sight lines for improved aesthetics.
- Variations for low rise façades include single, double and triple glazed units; fixed lights; integral opening vents; an integrated sliding window and door system; infill panels; other Technal window and door products – and many combinations.
For a copy of the new specifier’s guide for MODAL, call 01924 232323, email email@example.com or it can be downloaded from www.technal.co.uk/MODAL.