The construction industry’s standard reference for cast stone has been revised and updated by the UK Cast Stone Association (UKCSA). The latest edition of The Technical Manual for Cast Stone is a one-stop reference for all the information construction professionals need to understand the manufacture, design, specification and use of this much-used alternative to quarried natural stone. It can be viewed or downloaded from www.ukcsa.co.uk
provides an attractive, durable and long-lasting product that can match the appearance and performance of many quarried stone profiles and finishes, yet it is readily available and can cost significantly less.
Key features of this ground-breaking technical manual include:
- An introduction from the NHBC, recognising that cast stone from UKCSA members is produced to a higher standard than set out in the latest version of BS1217.
- An introduction to cast stone and its sustainability.
- Manufacturing processes, finishes and comparative properties.
- In-depth guidance on design, detailing and specification.
- How to procure cast stone and good site practice.
- Installation and maintenance information.
- The exacting performance standards which apply to cast stone produced by UKCSA members.
- Standards and glossary of terms.