, a leading specialist in modular building systems and hi-tech construction materials, has developed a complete semi-detached, three-bedroom house for only £57,000 (excluding land and foundation costs).
Aimed at the social housing sector, the house will be available as a turnkey project complete with finished interiors, bathrooms and kitchens. It provides floor area of 86m2 and has been designed to offer exceptionally low energy costs as well as exceed all the current environmental, sustainability and noise building requirements and regulations. For example, estimated fuel costs for a year would be just £76 and the construction is level 4 compliant with the Code for Sustainable Homes. The houses will have a life expectancy of up to 200 years and a design life of 60 years. Other benefits of the units include:
· Reduced carbon emissions – 71%
· Reduced energy consumption – up to 67% less
· External wall “U” value – 0.14W/m2k
· Air tightness – 1.2 m3/m2/hr@50pa
Domenic Tedesco, managing director, Powerwall
said: “We have managed to reduce the building costs through the application of our unique Volumetric modular building system and the use of the latest hi-tech building materials. We have brought a 21st century approach to construction to offer stylish and practical homes at an affordable price.”
He added: “There is a huge demand for affordable housing and we believe the concept will attract substantial interest from housing associations, social housing organisations and developers specialising in low cost accommodation.”
About the Volumetric Building System:
's unique Volumetric modular building system offers developers, builders and architects a number of advantages over conventional building methods including:
· The ability to build structures up to 22 storeys high. The specially designed tubular steel frame and unique patented connector system offers structural integrity which far exceeds conventional modular building systems.
· Speed. Modules are constructed at Powerwall
’s 10-acre state-of-the-art factory complex for quick and easy assembly on site offering time savings over conventional building systems. With most studies indicating real-time savings of 50 to 60%
· An almost infinite range of exterior finishes and renders can be applied to the buildings and there is enormous scope to design the building interiors to an end customer's specific requirements.
· Massively reduced site time and building costs.
· Modules are constructed in factory conditions giving complete control over quality and finish therefore is totally independent of external weather conditions.
· Air tightness is 78% more efficient lowering energy consumption costs.
· Superior sound insulation exceeds current industry requirements – floors by 32% and exterior walls by 18%.
· Environmentally sustainable: the Powerwall
building system uses up to 67% less energy than a traditionally built project.
Powerwall has production, development and manufacturing facilities near Glasgow and in Udine, Italy. Revenues in 2009 were £15m and the company employs 80 people including engineers, technicians and architects. In addition, the company employs up to 40 sub-contractors.
For further information please visit www.powerwall.co.uk
, call +44(0)1698 373305 or email firstname.lastname@example.org