has introduced the latest innovation in clean façade renders, Nano-Quartz technology. In doing so we have pioneered the next generation of ‘self-cleaning’ renders to market, offering advanced levels of performance in terms of cleanliness and colour stability for unparalleled results.
External façades have to cope with the full force of the weather and climatic conditions, from driving rain and high wind pressures to soiling through dirt and mould growth. The effectiveness of cladding products against the elements has always been of upmost importance to the designer and specifier.
Building on the performance of PermaRock
’s Clean Concept decorative finishes, PermaRock
has introduced a new generation of exterior through-coloured renders (ThermoSan-NQG) and exterior coatings which are available for use with all of PermaRock
’s external wall insulation
and render systems. These materials incorporate pioneering ‘self-cleaning’ Nano-Quartz matrix technology to provide unparalleled resistance to the elements.
This new technology provides a step change in the performance level of exterior renders and coatings. Organically cross-linked nano-particles form a compact, mineral-hard, three dimensional quartz-matrix structure which protects against soiling and keeps façades clean for a longer period. The special silicone resin/binder combination also generates water repellent, highly water vapour permeable surfaces.
Nano-Quartz technology renders and coatings also incorporate inorganic pigments which offer superior light and colour fastness and enable the use of dark colours (lightness factors as low as 5 are now possible) on insulated (external wall insulation) backgrounds.
PermaRock Nano-Quartz Technology - Key Benefits:
- Self-cleaning: the Nano-Quartz lattice surface gives excellent reduction in tendency to accumulate surface soiling (i.e. the adhesion of dirt particles, particulates and spores). Loosened dirt particles are removed naturally by wind and rain action
- Increased resistance to mould & mildew: Nano-Quartz technology inhibits the growth of mould
- Highest colour brilliance and lasting colour retention: inorganic pigments and nano-technology offer class leading performance in relation to colour depth and longevity
- Achieves Colour Fastness Code A1: the highest quality levels for binders (Class A) and pigments (Group 1) are achieved (as classified by BFS (Federal Commission for Paint & Property Protection)
- Available in 500 colour shades: for use in conjunction with PermaRock’s A1 colour range with lightness factor values as low as 5 for use with PermaRock’s external wall insulation systems
- Highly water vapour permeable: allows the substrate to "breathe"
- Low consumption: up to 20% less material consumption compared to conventional acrylic and silicone renders
- Lower maintenance requirements: compared to standard acrylic and silicone based renders over the lifetime of a cladding system