NEW TRAINING MANAGER FOR JELD-WEN
As part of its commitment to training its merchants, builders and staff, JELD-WEN has appointed a new training manager.
Jo Atkins has extensive product and technical knowledge having worked for JELD-WEN for 18 years, both in sales and estimating. Her new role involves heading up JELD-WEN’s training operation, which includes providing essential information relating to the specifying, installation and sale of windows, doors and stairs.
Jo Atkins, training manager explains: “Training is an important part of our services to customers and I am looking forward to working more closely with merchants and builders to increase their product awareness and knowledge of Building Regulations. Our courses also provide vital information on adding value to the sale of doors, windows and stairs to ensure merchants achieve the margins they are looking for and have the confidence to advise on the features and benefits of our product range.”
JELD-WEN training courses include:
· ‘Improving profit’ - covering how to gain value added sales for windows, doors and stairs, including factory finishes, guarantees, sustainable options etc.
· Fire doors – with regards to the latest regulations and guidance on installation
· Stairs – everything you need to know relating to the specification of stairs for domestic purposes
· PVC-U windows – relating to PVC-U windows, installation, U-values and how the supply and fit service works
· Updates to technical manual
· New products – general training on windows, doors and stairs
Jo Atkins continues: “Many of our customers find our training a useful introduction for new staff as well as a great refresher to other members of their team. Our aim is to provide everything customers need to know when specifying doors, windows and stairs and the courses can be tailored to suit individual customer requirements.”
JELD-WEN is currently taking bookings for all the above courses as well as specific training relating to the updated training manual and new catalogue of products, which will be release in the early part of 2007.
Courses are flexible to customer requirements and can be held at any JELD-WEN site or at customer premises. A minimum of 10 delegates is required for a course to run. Anyone interested in booking a course should contact their JELD-WEN sales representative for details.