Legrand has launched a new range of Salamandre trunking that independent tests have proven is 50 per cent quicker to install than its predecessor – a statistic that considerably reduces its total installed cost.
The new product was designed following a period of consultation with specifiers, installers and engineers that highlighted a desire for a solution that was faster and easier to install, had fewer components, reduced on-site man hours and offered improved health and safety. All of which needed to be done without compromising the high quality that is expected from Legrand’s
Nigel Leaver, lead marketing manager for the company’s cable management division, said: “Distribution trunking is very much considered a commodity product and so the job of coming up with a new design that ticked all of the boxes highlighted during the consultation period was always going to be a challenge.”
“But with the assistance of an innovation consultant we stripped the product right back, challenged every aspect of it and have delivered a new version that stands head and shoulders above anything else on the market today.”
The new Salamandre trunking features an array of innovative patented developments, which enhance every aspect of the installation process – these include:
- A double folded safety edge on the return of the trunking, which is safer for handling and cables
- An external coupler that is wider and stronger than the current coupler, hides unsightly site cuts and ensures good earth continuity. And because it is supplied pre-fitted, the time savings are immediately apparent
- Slotted ends on all lengths allow the trunking to be slid into place and secured with the minimum of effort
- Multi-head shake proof screws that aid installation flexibility. The screws have a built-in serrated flange that bites into the steel to help earth continuity, are supplied assembled to all couplers and fittings, and are backed off ready to accept the next component meaning no more bags of screws to go missing. The base of the thread has also been redesigned with a dome to protect the cables once installed
- A rapid fit cover for speed of installation.
- Innovative push-fit, spring loaded / ¼ turn turnbuckles for fast, secure fitting and easy maintenance
“Simple ideas are often the best, and this premise can be seen across the new range,” continued Nigel. “For example, the new turnbuckle lid simply clicks into place and only needs a quarter turn of the turnbuckle with a screwdriver to remove, while the incorporation of multi-head fixings throughout the range means the right tool is always close to hand.”
Legrand has also ensured that the new Salamandre range is fully compatible with the existing system, and its popular marking jig measuring tool.
“It’s not often the cable management market delivers something truly innovative, but I honestly believe this range of Salamandre trunking fits the bill,” added Nigel. “It is packed full of innovative new developments that help the installer every step of the way, and the sum total of these parts is a high quality product that can be installed in half the time of its predecessor.”
Legrand is the market leader in cable management. For further information about its new Salamandre trunking call 0845 605 4333 or visit www.legrand.co.uk