Engineering Sketches is an open exhibition to find the best drawings produced by engineers in the last five years. The selected entries will form an exhibition in the Cafe Gallery at The Building Centre running from 15 November 2012 to 28 January 2013. The exhibition will consist of a curated element alongside drawings submitted by successful entrants. Our judges will select their favourite sketches and a prize will be awarded to the entrant who submits the ‘Best Sketch of 2012’.
The Building Centre has organised a judging panel to assess the entries and identify the drawings to be exhibited. The Building Centre and The Engineering Club will fund, produce and install the exhibition.
The Building Centre and Drawing at Work run the Drawing Gymnasium series to help engineers improve their sketching ability, for further details click HERE
Rules for submission
1. Drawings can be any size and on any medium but we do want to show original artwork.
2. Drawings should relate to a real project.
3. Drawings can be manipulated by computer but the drawing should be primarily completed by hand.
4. Drawings should be submitted by individuals not companies / practices.
5. A maximum of one sketch can be submitted per entrant.
6. The cost of entry is free for employees of Engineering Club members or £15 for non-members. Cheques should be made payable to ‘The Building Centre Trust’.
7. The judges decision is final.
8. Please do not re-submit drawings that were submitted for the previous Engineering Sketches exhibitions.
How to enter
1. Drawings can be submitted on paper or electronically as jpeg to the addresses below. However we will require the originals of the shortlisted drawings for the exhibition.
2. Applicants should include: full contact details (name, surname, company, address, email and phone number), drawing title, max of 50 words description and exact dimensions.
3. Email submissions should be under 5MB but capable of being reproduced at A4 size without pixelation to enable the judges to make their decision. We can accept ftp links.
4. Deadline extended - new deadline to be announced next week.
Please send entries to
c/o Agnese Sanvito
The Building Centre
London WC1E 7BT