St Peter’s is a Grade II* listed church in Notting Hill, West London. It was built to designs by Thomas Allom and is reputed to be the last Classical Revival church built in London in the 19th century. Building began in 1855 and the church was consecrated in 1857. Its large scale portico and west tower are the notable features. A complete restoration and refurbishment has been carried out, including the re-instatement of its redundant gallery, new meeting rooms and exterior colour-washed facades.
KEIM were approached in 2019 by Sheppard Architects to help with the restoration of this Grade II listed church. The architect wanted to achieve a look that replicates limewash, with some very subtle variation almost replicating a layering colour of bath stone. Nicola Young, Senior Colourist & Anton Boekhoudt, National Architectural Business Development Manager of KEIM Mineral Paints, visited site several times and carried out many colours samples in order to achieve the desired colour system.
The final specification was a layered solution to achieve the desired finish. This included a coat of KEIM Soldalit Fixativ to the newly applied lime skim, and KEIM Soldalit Grob applied to all areas. The surface was then painted using KEIM Soldalit, before lastly KEIM Restauro Lasur being applied as the top two coats.