This free half day seminar will look at how wood is being featured structurally and aesthetically in major retail, office and commercial mixed use schemes in the UK and mainland Europe. Current case studies will illustrate the latest developments in large span timber design engineering and the procurement and specification processes for large retail developers.
Martin Kelly, Managing Director, Capita Lovejoy – Chairman
Jan Guell - Rogers Stirk Harbour Architects
• The Bullring (Las Arenas), Barcelona
Martin Young – Chief Architect, Tesco
• Sustainability and Tesco – The role of timber now and in the future
David Bowman - Construction Industry, Finnforest UK Ltd
• Timber engineering in retail and commercial developments
• Tesco from Wick to Crediton and beyond
Frank Werling - Head of Technical Engineering & Design, Finnforest UK Ltd
• RIPA - Widespan structural roof panels
• IKEA Finland
The seminar will be followed by a sandwich lunch
Booking is essential.
In association with Wood for Good and the Timber Trade Federation