Wood Talks: Hybrid Structures
This free half day seminar will look at the way in which engineered timber and steel are being used in major hybrid construction projects across the sports & leisure, education and retail sectors. Case studies include the outstanding Scunthorpe Sports Academy – a group of five linked geodesic ‘pods’ which combine a steel spine with timber spokes and infill as well as BDP's dynamic Wellington Academy.
Featuring case studies and speakers:
Chairman: Nick Milestone, B&K Structures
Marks & Spencer, Cheshire Oaks
• Nitesh Magdani, Aukett Fitzroy Robinson Architects
• Neil Shiner, Evolve Engineers
Retail Construction in 21st Century
• Martin Young Chief Architect, Tesco
‘The Pods’ Scunthorpe Sports Academy
• Andrew Wright, Andrew Wright Associates
• Ron Wallwork , S&P Architects
• Richard Harris, University of Bath
• Keith Papa, BDP
• John Roycroft,BDP
London Borough of Barnet Schools
• Rob Sellar, MLM Engineers
• Ian Grindley, Sprunt Architects
• Michael Keller, Derrix Laminated Timber
The seminar will be followed by a sandwich lunch.
Booking is essential.
In association with the Timber Trade Federation and Wood for Good