Join architects, contractors, planners, designers and housing associations to discover how the application of brick can transform urban regeneration projects.
Thought-provoking discussions and demonstrations will take place throughout the day exploring how the materiality of a project can have a significant impact on the social and economic value of an area. The event will also investigate the technical and sustainable qualities of this popular material, as well as the aesthetic benefits of using brick as a façade material in an urban environment.
Architectural speakers experienced in urban regeneration will discuss their own interpretations of the material. Key contractors will also share insight on detailing the practical challenges faced throughout regeneration projects, why brick is the material of choice for urban housing projects and using brick products to turn designs into reality on site.
- Andrew Eagles, CEO of Brick Development Association
- Alexis Harrison, associate, Materials - Advanced Technology + Research, Arup
- Alex Gordon, associate director of Jestico & Whiles
- Joe Morris, founding director of Duggan Morris Architects
- Lee Marley, managing director of Lee Marley brickwork contractors
- Peter Murray, chairman of New London Architecture and writer/author
- Andrew Taylor, head of planning for Barratt Eastern Counties and chair of Royal Planning Institute
A host of key industry speakers from housing associations and the planning sector will be announced shortly. There will also be a full timetable of the day, leading you through Urban Regeneration from the conception of an idea, to design and planning, all the way to completion, further demonstrating why brick is such a key player in regenerated areas.
Cost: £75 or £25 student rate
For more information or to book tickets for this event, visit www.brick.org.uk/2016/03/bda-urban-regeneration-day-2016/.
This Brick Development Association event will be taking place at Arup headquarters, 8 Fitzroy Street, W1T 4BJ.
Time: 10.00am - 3.30pm