This is an exciting time for new development in UK construction. New business models, new ways of working and new products are at the core of a revolution that will see a digital-led transformation in UK construction. Polymers and composites are set to make a rapid growth within this change. This is a dynamic time for the developers of composite and polymer materials. Moving beyond novel applications, these materials are being looked at more and more where traditional choices have fallen short of the requirement.
Construction professionals will showcase successful composite developments and implantation, drawing from the key recommendations of the 2013 Composite UK Innovation roadmap. In addition, current challenges will be explored as well as the next set of opportunities.
This event will be geared for collaborative partnership identification in the face of these UK opportunities. These collaborations should allow the transfer of ideas across different industries, leaving the lasting message - “I haven’t thought of doing it like that”.
- Chair: James Henderson, technical authority for composites in construction at Atkins
- Dan Kells, senior technical manager at National Composite Centre
- Eddie Blackett, construction and innovation manager at Ilecsys Rail
- Jon-Paul Griffiths, technology manager at Oxford Advanced Surfaces
- John Hartley, research and development manager at Exel Composites
- Charlie Hall, partner at C6(n) Technology
- Dale Sinclair, director of technical practice at AECOM
- Brian Bell, professor at the University of Surrey
This Knowledge Transfer Network event is free to attend but booking is essential.
Time: 9:30am - 4.10pm