In association with Design for London and London First.
The West End has high ambitions for the area and has set itself key targets for completion before 2012. Can Oxford Street and the surrounding area become the Champs-Élysées of London? What's happening now to reach these ambitious targets and who are the key players making it happen? Peter Bishop will Chair the West End Briefing and along with Sir Terry Farrell, outline aspirations for a joined up approach to the future of St Giles. Join us at NLA for an exciting snapshot of the area's developments.
- Sir Terry Farrell, Principal, Terry Farrell and Partners Ltd
- Steve Norris, Member, TFL Board
- Peter Bishop, Director, Design Development & Environment, London Development Agency
- Tim Fendley, Managing Director, AIG
- Charles Saumarez Smith, Director, Royal Academy of Arts
- David Shaw, Head of Regent Street Strategy and Development, The Crown Estate
- Baroness Jo Valentine, Chief Executive, London First
- Richard Dickinson, Chief Executive Officer, New West End Company
- Sarah Porter, Chief Executive, Heart of London Business Alliance
- Abi Morris, Senior Project Manager, Transport for London
Gain insight to:
- The key issues affecting the West End and how they are being addressed
- Plans for the future of key areas such as St Giles, Regent Street, Covent Garden, Marble Arch
- The development of the public realm in the West End
- Transport initiatives and strategies to improve access and capacity
- Transport improvements at Tottenham Court Road
- Aspirations for a joined up approach to the future of St Giles.
For details and tickets, visit www.newlondonarchitecture.org/conferences/ or call 020 7636 4044.
Price: £149 (£129 NLA Supporters)