Providing enough housing to meet the needs of our growing population and address decades of under-investment is one of the key challenges facing the country today.
This half-day seminar will highlight the ways modern timber construction methods are helping meet that challenge, with case studies from leading architects, manufacturers and housing associations. It is a "must attend" event for anyone involved in housing delivery in the UK.
The seminar is accredited for CPD by RIBA. The event coincides with the “New Ideas for Housing” exhibition at The Building Centre, run jointly between New London Architecture and The Mayor of London. The exhibition showcases innovative ideas to improve the speed, scale and quality of London’s housing supply.
Registration, tea & coffee reception from 1.30pm
- Outlining the GLA’s housing strategy for London: Alan Benson, Senior Manager, Housing Strategy, GLA - keynote speaker.
- Overview of timber building solutions: Lewis Taylor, AMIOA, Timber Frame Consultant, TRADA. This is a RIBA-accredited CPD presentation on timber construction.
- Controlling supply-chain costs, maximising business model for housing associations: David Renwick, CEO, Ocean Housing.
- High Rise Urban Timber Living: Andrew Waugh, Waugh-Thistleton Architects.
- Custom Housing and the opportunities for timber construction: Jon Sawyer, Igloo Regeneration
Panel debate: “Timber will be the prime material for future urban development”.
Drinks & networking
This event is free to attend but booking is essential.
Time: 1.30pm - 6.00pm