A one-day workshop devised especially for construction professionals who want to use LinkedIn strategically and effectively.
The workshop is particularly suitable for client-facing employees who need to use LinkedIn to engage with clients, advocates and fellow professionals as part of their role.
Why Linkedin? Why this workshop?
Whilst many thousands of construction professionals are on LinkedIn (over 590,000 in UK Construction by the end of 2013) most of them don’t know how it works, what to do with it, or appreciate the immense power of LinkedIn as a tool for their existing real life networking. Construction professionals operate using a referral-based method of generating business; so keeping in touch with contacts is vital. LinkedIn is the ideal tool to do this efficiently, helping your network of contacts to refer and recommend your expertise more easily.
This workshop sets out the key steps to using LinkedIn for a construction professional.
Delivered by Su Butcher, social strategist in construction, the workshop is specifically tailored to how construction professionals work.
- Begin using LinkedIn properly using a personalized plan developed during the day.
- Decide how to integrate LinkedIn into a marketing and business development strategy.
- Optimise your LinkedIn profile to help people find you online.
- Decide whom to connect with and how to do it appropriately.
- Use LinkedIn to raise awareness of your work and build business relationships
- Learn how to manage LinkedIn as a natural part of your professional life
- Understand how LinkedIn Company Pages and LinkedIn Groups work and how to get the most out of them.
- Measure your success in using LinkedIn and demonstrate its value to your business.
- Articulate the value of LinkedIn for professional business development to others.
“I highly recommend the LinkedIn For Professionals Workshop. Su Butcher presents a vast amount of relevant and useful information clearly and succinctly. Her overview outlining the relevance of social media and how to use it as a marketing tool is invaluable and well researched. I learnt how to optimise both my own profile and the company profile and how to use both as marketing tools to raise awareness of Jablite as a thought leader in the insulation sector. An inspiring event!" Bridget Bouch, Corporate Communications Consultant
Participants in the workshop will receive:
- A personal workbook containing all the notes and links from the session and in which to record and develop your thoughts during and afterwards;
- Free membership of the growing Just Practising LinkedIn Workshop Attendees Group on LinkedIn which will share links to useful resources and through which participants can provide each other with on-going support in a private group exclusively for workshop attendees.
- Refreshments and lunch.
Please bring a Wifi enabled Laptop, and a smartphone/tablet if you use one.
The workshop is an interactive mixture of instruction, discussion and group work, exploring and developing the Steps to a Successful use of LinkedIn for all participants.
9.00 Arrive and Coffee
What is Linkedin?
- Who is your Audience?
- Finding your Audience on Linkedin
10.50 Individual Profiles
- Getting your Profile Right
- Levels of Openness
- Turning off Noise
Hunting and Farming Introduction
14.00 Growing your Network Correctly
- People you Know
- People you Don’t Know
Hunting and Farming in Practice
- Status Updates
- Social Objects
15.20 Introduction to Company Pages
- Elements and Benefits
- Phases of Evolution
- How to grow a following
Measure What Matters
- Calculating ROI
- Daily Maintenance
- Checklist, Questions and Support
Cost: £247 + VAT until 21st February
£295 + VAT thereafter. Lunch and refreshments included
Time 9.00 – 4.30pm
Please note that we are unable to issue refunds on cancellations made later than two weeks prior to the course date.