Hand Crafted Concrete: Floors, staircases, worktops, landscape and sculpture
This event was rescheduled from Wednesday 17 November.
A practical half day short-course for architects, interior designers, landscape designers, builders and self build enthusiasts.
David Bennett, Architectural Concrete Consultant
Jon Akers Coyle, Gillespies, Landscape Architects
Gillian Lambert, AOC Architects
The course will cover:
• Mixes for floors, for worktops, for landscape projects -
Selecting materials, aggregate size, recycled glass, cement, pigments, admixtures, weighing scales
• Mixing Methods, including hand batching, mortar concrete mixers and small truck mixers
• Forming and Finishing, including formwork tips, reinforcement mesh, floor joints, placing and compacting and curing surface finishes
• A Step by Step Approach To Casting Concrete Plinths and Stairs - mix designs, moulds, casting tips, tamping and finishing, polishing, grinding, pigment, texture, maintenance issues
• A detailed case study of Redcliffe Street Plaza, Bristol by Jon Akers Coyle, Gillespies
• A detailed case study of the staircase at Hearth House, North London by Gill Lambert of AOC Architects
Comprehensive technical notes and reference information are included.
Cost: £125 + VAT, booking is essential. Registration from 4pm.