Hand Crafted Concrete:<br> Floors, staircases, worktops, landscape and sculpture
THIS COURSE HAS BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL EARLY 2011
A practical half day workshop for architects, interior designers, landscape designers, builders and self build enthusiasts.
David Bennett, Architectural Concrete Consultant
Gus Colley , Concreations Ltd
Gillian Lambert, AOC Architects
The course will cover:
The workshop provides know-how, guidance and expertise on how to source materials, mix concrete, prepare and assemble formwork, place and finish concrete, and texture and colour concrete for use in many projects around the home, the garden, public spaces, restaurants, bars and cafes. Comprehensive technical notes and reference information are included.
• Concrete Mixes, including material selection, aggregate size, recycled glass, cement, pigments, admixtures, weighing scales
• Mixing Methods, including hand batching, mortar concrete mixers and small truck mixers
• Forming and Finishing, including formwork tips, reinforcement mesh, floor joints, placing and compacting and curing surface finishes
• A Step by Step Approach to Casting Floors and Worktops, by Gus Colley, , Concreations ltd
• A detailed case study of the staircase at Hearth House, North London by Gill Lambert of AOC Architects
Cost: £125 + VAT, booking is essential.
Registration from 4pm.