This course will cover the key requirements of visual concrete at the design stage. It includes:
• choosing and controlling concrete colour and tone
• selecting form face materials: smooth-ply, chipboard, corrugated metal, materials for a board-marked finish and other surfaces
• detailing of sheet layouts for columns, walls and soffits; tie holes, shadow-gaps, corners and joints, shutter striking times
• practical tips: workmanship in vertical work and slab construction
• how to avoid common defects and surface blemishes
• sample and trial panels: how to judge a good finish
Practical guidance will also be provided on formwork assembly, tie bolt holes, tie cones as well as placing and compacting concrete for no blemishes.
The speaker David Bennett is the UK's leading expert and skilled innovator on all aspects of visual concrete construction and has a wealth of knowledge and practical experience to share with you.
Comprehensive technical notes and reference information are included.
Cost: £128+VAT or £88+VAT to students
Other concrete courses include Handcrafted Concrete for Small Projects.