This concrete short course has been specifically developed for construction professionals responsible for all aspects of concrete construction on sites. The short course will update those on the best practices to better manage and fully understand the technology, quality checks, and selection of the right methods of work, avoiding common construction defects and repairing them, in order to deliver better structures.
The course is suited for site managers, site engineers, civil engineers, resident engineers, construction professionals and material suppliers. All topics covered will provide essential information for those responsible for supplying, specifying and reviewing concrete construction options.
Specialist speakers Richard Seers of DOKA UK of and Neil Flanagan of UPM-Kymmene will join concrete consultant David Bennett in providing technical expertise on aspects of concrete.
The session will cover:
- Selecting the form face and fixing options
- Design to CIRIA 108 tables, limiting tie-rod extension
- Forming columns, walls, double skin walls and basement walls
- Jump forming, slip forming cores
- Flat slabs and staircase assembly
- Thermal cracking, restraints and large area pours
- Avoiding common forming defects
- The best practice checklist
Time: 2.30pm - 6.00pm
Cost: £155 + VAT