The recent devastating flooding in the UK was a stark reminder of the need for architects to urgently design for flood risk, especially as wetter winters are predicted along with more extreme weather events.
This panel discussion in partnership with Museum of Architecture will explore design responses to flood risk. It will consider innovative designs that architects are proposing which seek to live with water rather than just defend against it.
- Robert Barker, director at Baca Architects
- Mary Dhonau of Mary Dhonau Associates, community flood consultants, and chief executive of Know Your Flood Risk Campaign
- Peter Wilder, director of Wilder Associates and associate at BRE
- Oli Cunningham, associate at dRMM
- Chair: Paul Lincoln, deputy chief executive of Landscape Institute
A partnership between The Building Centre and Museum of Architecture.