This concrete short course has been specifically developed for construction professionals responsible for all aspects of concrete construction on sites. The short course will update those on the best practices to better manage and fully understand the technology, quality checks, and selection of the right methods of work, avoiding common construction defects and repairing them, in order to deliver better structures.
The course is suited for site managers, site engineers, civil engineers, resident engineers, construction professionals and material suppliers. All topics covered will provide essential information for those responsible for supplying, specifying and reviewing concrete construction options.
Specialist speakers Stephen Thorpe of CEMEX and Andrew Bourne of SIKA will join concrete consultant David Bennett in providing technical expertise on aspects of concrete mix design, such as admixtures, self-compacting concrete, formwork systems and their selection, rapid reinforcement assembly, post-tensioned construction and the site testing of concrete.
The session will cover:
- Ready-mix concrete production - cement types and concrete mix design
- Admixtures: How they work and when to use them
- Self-compacting concrete: When to specify it?
- Compaction and placement for minimum surface defects
- Site monitoring of concrete quality
- Summer and winter working
STRIKE TIMES, CURING and REPAIRS
- Acceptable tolerances and common surface defects
- Architectural repair of concrete, surface cleaning and waterproof coatings
Time: 2.30pm - 6.00pm
Cost: £155 + VAT