This evening seminar will explore some of the practical design and construction aspects of tall buildings including the design for stability of tall structures and the design of deep raft foundations. Winners of the Structural Concrete Student Competition 2017, sponsored by Laing O’Rourke, will also be announced.
- Welcome from The Concrete Centre, Jenny Burridge, head of structural engineering, The Concrete Centre
- Structural Concrete Student Competition Prize-giving by Roger Hewitt, Chair of the judges
- Building Tall by Jenny Burridge, head of structural engineering at The Concrete Centre
- Design of Stability Systems by Andy Gardner, associate at Arup
- Construction of Deep Rafts (speaker to be announced shortly)
7:45pm Questions and Answers
The event is free but booking is essential. For bookings, click here.